Sunday 16 September 2012

Preliminary Task Evaluation

During the first few weeks of Year 12 we were asked to design a magazine front cover and contents page for the students who attend Haydon School. We were allowed to pick our target audience and I picked the 6th formers as they are the newcomers to Haydon School and in addition I picked the whole school as I also had a picture of a new girl to Haydon outside in the field which portrays 'students at Haydon looking after their school environment'.

On the contents page I tried to make it as simple as I could as it was also aimed at year 7's so therefore they should be able to find what they are looking for as quickly as possible. Additionally we did not have enough time to make anything too good as we only had a few days to complete the whole task.

We used Photoshop to complete this task and I had to edit a few thing such as make the colour of the grass a lot lighter and edit the model's face as she was not very happy with the way it came out to look. The things I included on photoshop are:


  • Adding text to covers 
  • Magic wand - removing backgrounds and replacing it with another
  • Colour replacement tool
  • Brightness/Contrast tool - for the grass 
As I was making this I had to make a few changes as I was not happy with the front cover picture so I had to remove it and replace it with another which did take time so therefore I had to complete that part in my free time as I wanted to put my total effort into it. 

The finished product was adequate to fulfilling the task and I realised that I have not forgotten to use Photoshop at all and I will be using it to make my final magazine for my Media Coursework!



No comments:

Post a Comment