Friday 12 October 2012

Production Log - 12th October 2012

This week I made my own questionnaire asking people about Music Magazines. Some of the questions I asked included:
  • What genre of Music do you listen to most?
  • Who is your favorite singer?
  • Which Music Magazine do you read most?
  • What do you look for when buying a music magazine?
  • What is your convenient price for a magazine?
  • Do you like magazines which include gossip?
  • What do you look for in an article?
Having asked all these questions helped me a lot to decide what I want my magazine to include. For example the question 'What do you look for in an article' most people said 'mostly text and eyecatching pictures', this gave me the idea that my pictures need to be very eye catching and there needs to be a lot of text. Additionally most people also seemed to prefer reading magazines which have a lot of gossip so therefore my magazine will also follow that maxim. Doing this questionnaire helped me a lot as now I am very confident my magazine will be successful and I have no doubts about what I will include on my front cover, contents page and double page spread. However as for my target audience I had a think about which age group the magazine will fit in. Asking about the price helped me decide for this as the teenagers said they would not buy magazines which cost over £3. Moreover my magazine will be a RnB magazine and people aged 11-25 listen to the RnB genre a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment